AdWords
6.1K members online now
6.1K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

MCC Account Suspended

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello All

I am in need of advice as well as a possible solution to a problem which I never thought I would encounter simply because it never made any sense and still doesn't. My MCC account has been suspended by google, the news of which was sent to me via email.

Customarily, I called adwords support and was informed that the account has been permanently suspended and there is nothing that they can do about it at this point of time plus a generic warning to refrain from creating any new account as that would be suspended as well etc etc.

I always thought of the MCC as an umbrella account meant to maintain a secure environment between the client and the manager in addition to access of all client accounts from one place. It is not an actual adwords account in the first place from which I had been running my ads or anything but just a link between me and my client accounts. How possibly can it be suspended?

History: The point which did strike me is my association with the "infamous" computer tech support industry based in India. Most of the accounts in my MCC were from the same industry and neither I nor did the clients faced such incomprehensible actions from google till some time back. But as some of you must be aware of the status quo,many similar businesses are taking quite a hit because of actions taken by google. I don't have any sympathies for companies which have been spamming google and looting innocent people in the United States and Canada on the pretext of providing remote computer tech support but what strikes me hard is the suspension of my MCC.

Yes,on occasions I added some troublesome accounts to my MCC facing a plethora of difficulties and policy issues to see what best I could do to get such businesses back on track again but I guess that is what MCCs are meant for.

Personally,I never propagated any malpractices or suggested ideas which circumvented adwords advertising policies but there were times when things were done in the account from the clients themselves which often proved expensive later on for the accounts. There were multiple billing issues in some accounts as well. I have been associated with the industry for the last 3 years now and I surely have seen my share of crap.

Declaration: I was never running and never ran any business of mine or tried to play with the system by creating any false hierarchy of a MCC and then some of my own child accounts. I was always managing accounts of other people.

Is there anything which is possible at this point of time to get my MCC free from this blame or an advice which I can execute regarding the same?

Waiting for a response.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: MCC Account Suspended

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Ohhh.... Let me try and check...
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
@ Mudit;
Google thouroughly  (i.e. More than once) looked at your MCC, per our request, due your history on the community; 
They are not willing to re-instate your account. No reason given.
I am  really sorry. 
-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I am sorry for your loss. This is weird for me to find out , as a non-expert on the matter,  since I have learned from Tommy that MMCs cannot be suspended, as explained at message 8 in here :

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Ad-Approvals-and-Advertising/MCC-account-suspension/m-p/2396...

I wonder how is suspension manifested at the MMC account level. What is forbidden to do , since it is not associated with any billing information of its own ? Did google present you with a list of consequences like they do for normal suspensions ?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@Adrian;
This is a special case, out of the ordinary processes. (That could be in AdWords.... Smiley Surprised).

Tommy's answer is valid and applies!

I cannot elaborate further; but think of a case in which  ALL accounts (no exception) on an MCC are suspended. Once this happens; technically, the MCC has "no meaning" - (since is not linked to any account anymore). And, if the advertiser is banned; he/ she cannot open either a new account nor a new MCC.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I see, I thought it happened because the MMC owner used his credit card to pay for AdWords accounts.

Thank you for teaching Smiley Happy

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello Moshe

First of all thanks a lot for getting my MCC reviewed again by concerned authorities. I would like to point out that because of the recent mess almost all the adwords accounts linked to my MCC got suspended with an exception of just one. That account was cancelled by the client sometime back but was still linked to my MCC and it belonged to a different industry.

So,if we see things there was not a single working account left linked to my MCC. But what strikes me is that how it can result in the suspension of my MCC?

Obviously it means that I cant add any new account to my MCC. Because if the issue is the non existence of any working account then things should be sorted out once I add a working account to my MCC.

Do you have any thoughts striking what can be a possible way to move ahead or is this the end of my partnership with google??

Seriously,never expected something of this sort to happen. Comical and yet serious!

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
I did try Mudit, and did mention to Google your credentials on this community. Google's reply specifically mentioned that neither the accounts nor the MCC can be reinstated. So, at this point, I can't help further. You might have some luck contacting CS in India. Again, I am Sorry.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I really want to ask you one question, i have seen you are active community member, as soon as i use my card and my name account gets suspended. I checked with everybody across the board...no one knows wat is happening. I get the same message.

I gave my card once to my friend long back who was in India but since then its like i m blacklisted in google. The moment i open an account i get suspended. I m a business owner 0ver here in US ...google is something i need every now and then. So not sure how to handle this...Below is same line that i get from Google.

Your account is suspended - We've identified suspicious behavior in the payment activity of this or your other AdWords accounts. To help prevent any unauthorized activity, we suspended your AdWords accounts

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 10
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hey Kunal

Dont use the credit card which has been causing trouble anymore. You can
try a credit card with your name on it but with a different card number.

Also dont create a new account to compensate for the adwords account which
has been suspended. In all probability,the new account even with a
different card will be suspended sooner or later.