AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Low search volume but its still showing up on results.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Tonight is my first time ever on adwords.

I did my thing by typing in all the key phrases I want to use.

I had several that said it could not be used due to low search volume.

But when I go to google and type in that phrase it shows up as the 1st result.

So does this mean they can be used afterall?

My other question is how often does google update the click rate?

I have called 10 of my friends to type in a bunch of the key phrases that I used and they clicked on my site but google is still showing me zero hits.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Low search volume but its still showing up on results.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Jeremy,

Yes, those key phrases can be used.

You said Google is showing zero hits, by this I'm considering that you are concerning about Google Analytics. Have you checked whether Google Analytics tracking code is placed on your website properly or not. If not please place tracking code on your website.

I hope it helps!

Thanks.

Anand Vishwakarma

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Jeremy B,

Welcome to the community.

Keywords marked as "Low search volume" are associated with very little search traffic on Google, an indication that they're not very relevant to most customers' searches. For this reason, Google temporarily makes these keyword inactive so that they don't trigger your ads.

If the number of search queries for those keywords increases even a small amount, they'll be reactivated and will start triggering your ads to show again. Google checks and updates this status once per week.

[We don't advise anyone to check the ads manually by searching on Google  when you searches manually and if your ad shows then the impression will be added to your account.it can effect your CTR%. Instead you can use AD Preview and Diagnosis Tool.But this tool is only applicable if you are running your ads on search campaign.]

Find Out your Potential Keywords : I am not sure how did you choose your keywords? Did you try The Keywords Tool?

If no then you should use this tool to find out your targeted keywords that you target people use to search for your products /services.

(Google Trends:You can also use this to know the search trends for your targeted location).

Hope this helps.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The main reason why some of my keywords have low usage is because this business is very localized.

I typed a small town and my service.

I imagine in the grand scheme of things that query gets low volume, but what volume it does get its VERY targeted for my needs.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

And to the first poster. I cant even begin to figure out if the Google Analytics tracking code is installed properly.

Can you tell me how I would go about to find that out?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Also to the first poster.

What I was talking about as far as not seeing any hits.

What I meant was I logged into my google ad words account where it tells you how many hits each phrase gets.

I had only been up and running for about an hour.

I called several friends and family to ask them to use my keyword phrases to see if they poped up and then to click on my site just to see how much I have been charged.

Well they all did that and my adwords account is still showing $0.00 

It shows that nobody has click on my PPC yet when I know for a fact that at least 10 people did.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi Jeremy,

Adwords reporting is not real-time. Clicks and impressions received in the last three hours may not be included.

So you will see the updated stats after some time.

As your ad is clicked by your friends and family (not your real customers) you are actually wasting your advertising budget.

Please use Ad preview tool to diagnose your ads as suggested above.

Deepak

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Now 24 hours later I do my searches with the same words and my ad is not showing up anywhere?

I go from the #1 result to not even being on the first 5 pages.

Then I go to my ad words account to see if I got suspended or something and it shows my account is still open.

Then I notice without my permission my CPC MAX got raised almost a dollar.

What is going on here?