AdWords
778 members online now
778 members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Lost 70% of Value From Display Network Since Policy Change

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It has been about 4 weeks since Adwords enforced the policy that changed in March 2013. No one is allowed to have a phone number in either of the ad description lines anymore.

About a dozen accounts I manage experienced the enforcement action.  Since that time the value we get from the display network has decreased 70%. We have dropped our bids accordingly. Our clients were getting hundreds of calls from display network campaigns that showed phone numbers in the ads. This is no longer possible, so our display network bidding had to be cut to the bone.

I am not seeing any call extensions working on display network for desktop computers and very limited basis on mobile. What a pity.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Lost 70% of Value From Display Network Since Policy Change

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi BetterPPC,

Thank you for posting. At this time, Call extensions targeting the Display Network will only show on high-end mobile phones, not on desktops, laptops, or tablets. You can learn more about all the call extensions features here.