AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Long Time For Ads to Approved

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

As of late, our ads (mostly image) have taken more than 3 days to be reviewed. Recently, some of our text search ads are also taking at least 3 days to be removed when they used to be approved instantly. Anyone know what might be the cause and what I can do about it? I have tried contacting Support which is usually helpful but it can still take more than the regular waiting period even after contacting them.

Thank you.

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Long Time For Ads to Approved

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi davidcorman,

Its unfortunate but true that ad approval does take time, mostly for the image ads. Also, in case if your text ad relates to some sensitive categories, and where they require manual review, it does take time.

I won't comment much on this and would like you to refer an excellent thread by Google Employee Laura, who addresses this thoroughly.

Just a thought!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Ita Google Employee
Google Employee
# 3
Ita Google Employee
Google Employee

Hi David, 

Panakaj gave a link to a great reply by Laura, an ad approval engineer. 

I'd also add that anytime an ad takes more than 72 hours to be reivewed that you can contact us (support phone numbers here) and we will try expedite the review.

To avoid downtime while ads are being approved, I'd recommend that you never edit an approved ad. Instead create a new ad text and once this is approved you can pause the old ad. 

It's also a good idea to create ads 3 days before you want them live, when possible. 

I hope this helps. 

Sincerely, 

Ita

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi davidcorman,

Its unfortunate but true that ad approval does take time, mostly for the image ads. Also, in case if your text ad relates to some sensitive categories, and where they require manual review, it does take time.

I won't comment much on this and would like you to refer an excellent thread by Google Employee Laura, who addresses this thoroughly.

Just a thought!

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Ita Google Employee
Google Employee
# 3
Ita Google Employee
Google Employee

Hi David, 

Panakaj gave a link to a great reply by Laura, an ad approval engineer. 

I'd also add that anytime an ad takes more than 72 hours to be reivewed that you can contact us (support phone numbers here) and we will try expedite the review.

To avoid downtime while ads are being approved, I'd recommend that you never edit an approved ad. Instead create a new ad text and once this is approved you can pause the old ad. 

It's also a good idea to create ads 3 days before you want them live, when possible. 

I hope this helps. 

Sincerely, 

Ita