AdWords
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Location trademark?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I received a message about using a trademark (Argolis). Argolis is a prefecture in Greece and it sounds to me strange that I violated a trademark. Can a location be a trademark.... Or it is a business with such a name? But in this case what can I do?

I searched a lot about location and trademark, but I did not find any relevant information. Thank you for your answers.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Location trademark?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Yes. Trademarks could be location specific;
Check the EU trademark database / search engine;
https://oami.europa.eu/ohimportal/en/
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you. I found that there are some companies worldwide and a company in Greece.
So, I have to ask the company to let me use the name of my Perfecture? It sounds too weird.

Can I contact with google, explain that it is a Perfecture name and have an excemption? Or I have to contact with all these companies worldwide?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Στυλιανός Μ
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Read here;
https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/2562645
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for your answers. I sent a message to ads-trademarks@google.com explainign that that the term is in reference to the region and not to any product.