AdWords
5K members online now
5K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Legal Pages Question

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I am preparing my website for my very first campaign. I did Adsense before and it was important to have pages like privacy policy and affiliate disclaimer. Right now I am on the other side, my new website offers web design and web hosting services to local business, what kind of legal pages I am required to have?

I appreciate you reading this and thanks!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Legal Pages Question

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

Couple of things I could think of:-

From general perspective, it is better to have the privacy policy outlined clearly especially when you are collecting personal identifiable information of the visitors using contact form or other means. It helps in transparency.

Unique content should be the key. Make sure that there is no duplicacy and whatever you are promising on the website, you are actually giving it to the your customers.

For more details, kindly review these advertising policies and this reference.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, very helpful thanks!

I don't collect any information, but they might choose to send me an email instead of contacting me on my telephone. I am also using Google Analytics to track them. Is there a good sample of privacy policy page for Adwords advertiser?

I appreciate!

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author ubound
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello;

If you are not collecting information; or execute transactions or provide financial services, you are NOT required for privacy a policy/y or disclosure. However it is strongly recommended. (Google likes it)

Read the information Harvesting section of the Policy;

http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=190438

And Adwords financial services policy

http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2464998&topic=1626336&path=131654...

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks!