AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Lean Startup Advertising (test marketing)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

Are you familiar with the Lean Startup methodology currently being espoused especially around using AdWords and advertising to test market demand?  It's described here: http://www.startuplessonslearned.com/2008/11/using-adwords-to-assess-demand-for-your.html

So I've now been trying this to gauge interest in our idea.  Unfortunately we've been getting repeatedly rejected and are being told we have to provide a lot more information.  Since our idea is new and many of the details not yet decided it's difficult for us to provide this info without making things up.  Has Google gotten more strict on this front recently?  

The site in question is http://www.gohelpline.com.

This is the latest response I got from Google (via the rep who is channeling the review team):

"Per their response you will have to add more information like specifics about your service on your site such as 

• What kind of experts will help the users
  • What are all the categories of service that the experts will provide and how many of them 
  • Are the users going to call them through phone or WiFi and is there an option to choose how to call or connect 
  • How much are they going to be charged
  •  What does the UI (user interface) look like and so on.  

Since it's a new kind of service, it will need some more elaborate explanation. You will also have to provide your physical information or contacts on the landing page. I understand that you have this site to get an estimate of how many users will be interested. However to get an exact idea of this estimate, you will have to provide the users with as much information as possible so that they know exactly what your service is all about."

I'm trying to gauge if people have this problem at all and would roughly be interested in our "expert hotline" without having to provide all sorts of details.  Am I being naive and we should provide all of this info?

Thanks!

Matt

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author mchotin
September 2015

Re: Lean Startup Advertising (test marketing)

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

There was a misunderstanding. I was thinking you are promoting the first link;

As far as http://www.gohelpline.com/ :

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello ;

I am not able to understand what is the difference between the service you offer, and other services out there, by various agencies? And in what way it has an advantage over the "AdWords learning methodology", Google has set ? (Which is backed by years of data / tests / iterations etc...)

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So we could put more info in to explain our differences, understood.  But I'm not sure what you mean about "adwords learning methodology"?  What I'm questioning here is the policy that Google is enforcing and the number of things they're asking us to put on our site to comply with those policies.  I have no problems with suggestions on how to do a better job advertising, be more appealing, etc.  But improving our site to simply be better feels a little different than violating policy.

Matt

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again Matt:

"Unfortunately we've been getting repeatedly rejected"

"Google is enforcing and the number of things they're asking us to put on our site to comply with those policies"

Rejected because of what?

Which Policies?

You can put on your site whatever you wish. But if you try to get Google to endorse it - It will (probably ) not. Google has its methods of teaching AdWords. (Methods that are well established)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
The policy they've said is "Site Policy". Previously it was "information harvesting" but I think we've resolved that with them. I haven't seen any listings in the help documents on Site Policy. I listed in the initial post the entirety of their thread where they said what I needed to do to be re-reviewed. Those items don't strike me as falling under the purview of most of their policy categories, but perhaps I'm wrong. As far as your comments on teaching adwords I really don't understand what you're getting at. Are you saying RTFM? Feel free to point me at a resource that will help. They were unable to over the phone, the email they sent to me is where they are leaving things.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author mchotin
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

There was a misunderstanding. I was thinking you are promoting the first link;

As far as http://www.gohelpline.com/ :

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
OK, I guess we'll look to get more content on there then.

Thanks.