AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Large competitor allowed to advertise what I cant?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I was told I categorically cannot advertise my e-cigarette company via adwords. But a large competitor is allowed to? I thought they may have been chancing it, then remembered how strict adwords is and I know you would have picked up on it by now as its been running for weeks!

Their ad HERE

Please tell me that adwords dont allow money to talk and bend the rules for those with big budgets

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Large competitor allowed to advertise what I cant?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Greg - are you certain that it is an AdWords ad? there are other display ad networks

-------------------------
If you liked my answer best please 'mark as accepted answer & star' if I was helpful but not the best please 'star'
- if I have not answered your question fully then please let me know by reply.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi David,

I have seen the image its showing ad-choice symbol

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Greg,

Please copy the URL and paste Here.

Click on the Right Mouse button and copy link address.

Then paste your URL here.
--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I will need to wait for it to pop up again, But im telling you 100% it is o googles ad network.

If I even mention e-cig on my advert or lander, boom account suspended. I find it funny how a large company with deep pockets are allowed though.
The thing I find just as interesting is that its been classified as tobacco in googles terms, where as in the UK they may even become available on the NHS, Mind you I dont have such deep pockets as others out there to get google to bend the rules