AdWords
3K members online now
3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Landing page policy - links on landing page

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Quick question. Can a landing page contain a link to a site that sells disallowed products?
For example: Let's say I'm selling cooking knives.  Ad destination URL is a page with cooking knives. The entire destination site (domain) has only cooking knives and cutlery (i.e. allowed products). 

Can my landing page contain a link to a different site that carries a wider product line, including disallowed products (like military knives)?
For example: a footer link: :Brought to you by Parent Company (with a link to the parent company site.)
Thanks in advance!

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mary Anne G
July 2016

Re: Landing page policy - links on landing page

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

On the landing page itself- no.

On the site - depends. ( Think of Walmart - it also sells knives - would you then exclude all items on  Walmart?)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Landing page policy - links on landing page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks - makes sense!
Walmart's landing page for knives (query: walmart knives) has no throwing knives on the page but has a link to them with "throwing knives" in the anchor text - which seems more "gray" than what we're considering. The type of link I'm asking about would be more like a branded link to the parent company home page.