AdWords
6.8K members online now
6.8K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Landing page not meeting guidelines

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am a small company in financial services. My landing page is a brief pitch and a contact form to fill out if the viewer has an interest. If you look at the landing pages of chase bank, and other financial services companies, they all have similar ads and similar landing pages, a pitch and contact form. Why is my campaign rejected?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Landing page not meeting guidelines

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi EdCap,

What exactly is rejected - your ads? Did AdWords provide a rejection message of some sort? Are you sure that it is the landing page that is causing the issue?

Please provide a little more information.

Thanks,

BI

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Ita (Google Employee)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi EdCap,

Well there could be a number of reasons.  First, I would suggest that you review the policy on Financial Services to ensure compliance.  Then I would make sure that your site/landing page is equipped with proper documentation and definitely a clear and accessible Privacy Policy, as you are collecting personal information via your form.

If you have any more information you can share, exact reasons for suspension, URL to landing page etc...someone here can try and continue to help you out.

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I set up the account with a promotional coupon from godaddy. There was no activity at all for a few days, I understand that is typical to allow for the account to be reviewed. I waited a week until I called the toll free number available to new customers. The automated system asks for the customer account number, as soon as I enter it, I receive a voice message that my campaign doesn't meet the editorial guidelines. I called up the sales line, since the new account team was off limits to me outside of the recording. Someone there advised I read the email from google to see exactly what the problem was. The email simply states:" We periodically review accounts for security purposes and to verify billing information. As a result of this review, your account and any related accounts have been suspended, and your ads are no longer running on Google. If you believe your account was suspended in error, please contact us through the AdWords Help Center." No indication of what the problem is. I called google back, someone then looked at my landing page and said " you are fishing for contact information " I felt like saying "well duhh" Then made it sound like I was some bad guy trying to market. I emailed an appeal since again, Chase bank, many other larger financial service firms use the same type landing page. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you. I will review this.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I might be jumping the gun assuming it is the landing page based on the conversation with the googler. Is there a way to find out exactly what the problem is? It wasn't specified in the email.

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey EdCap,

It sounds like the best answer you've gotten so far from Google is that your account does not meet 'editorial guidlines'. 'Editorial Guidlines' are tied to your ads. I'm wondering if you inserted language, punctuations/symbols or incorrect character length that Google disapproved of? However, it's hard for me to believe that they would suspend an account due to this.

I would dig into the AdWords Policies a bit more and make sure you meet all requirements. I would then request a re-review of the account.

Thanks,

BI