AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Landing page guidlines - checklist

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I find it difficult to get an overview of what is required info and what is not allowed on a landing page. Does anyone have a checklist?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Landing page guidlines - checklist

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

Joakim H wrote:

I find it difficult to get an overview of what is required info and what is not allowed on a landing page. Does anyone have a checklist?

If I go by the basics of what Google suggests, landing page should be relevant to what you are advertising on Adwords.

There should be easy navigation, no pop ups, unique and relevant content and it should make sense to the users when they click your ad and reach this page.

For further details, I would suggest reading this reference: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404197?hl=en

Hope this helps!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

What I'm looking for are specifics like, do I need a link to terms of service, privacy etc. Can I use a video with auto play? Can I use a Video Sales Letter with delayed call to action button? (Button will appear after certain time)

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks very much for your reply Pankaj. I have read that what you point to and it doesn't answer my questions. I posted more specifics on this thread concerning video with auto play, video sales letters, hidden/delayed buy/call to action buttons, terms of service, privacy policy etc.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Joakim, and welcome to the Community.

This topic is really too big to be answered without some real specific questions so I'll answer those you have so far...

Personally, I have links to all my pages on every page.  I usually have "main" links in a menu around the top or left of the page and these may not include the more "detailed" pages like TOS and Privacy but I'll always have these in a plain text menu at the bottom of the page.

I would never ever ever use autoplay of any kind on a landing page.  It's one of the most hated of all web techniques!  From an AdWords perspective any page that includes video content runs the risk of being quite slow to load unless handled in a very specific way.  I'd always be inclined - if you need video at all - to have a "plain" landing page with the video linked to on another page.

In general you can't go far wrong than just following the Webmaster Guidelines (especially as everything in here is technically a policy requirement for AdWords).

Webmaster Guidelines

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits