AdWords
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Landing page experience

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Guys,

This is a pretty large and complex question.

I've created a new Search campaign with 3 ad-groups, each in a very specific topic using only exact match keywords.

Each Ad-group leads to its own specific landing page, customized for that topic.

Many of my keywords have a low quality score, the reasons being cited that they aren't relevant to the topic & landing page experience is poor.

I find this perplexing as each landing page is newly created, mirrors the keywords & content of the ad, easy to navigate, scroll & find contact information.

Does anyone else have experience with this?

Best Regards

2 Expert replyverified_user

Landing page experience

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

landing-page-experience and relevancy are somewhat different issues.

landing-page-experience is a relative measure, that is
compared against all other advertisers' landing-pages.

the entire experience above-the-fold is best -- avoid scrolling.

experience covers at least the following areas:
(a) content;
(b) trust and transparency;
(c) navigation;
(d) performance;
(e) mobile effectiveness;

generally, the ad should align with the landing-page -- with a clear, relevant,
original, useful, call-to-action and succinct value-proposition, with a set of
trust and transparency signals -- such as a clear offer/promise in exchange
for a clearly stated price and terms of acceptance, a clear path to accepting
the offer, an exact location that resolves on google-maps, a phone number
with posted office-hours when the phone will be answered by a person, clear
terms-and-conditions, refund/return details, reviews with noticeable disclaimers,
etc., with clear and obvious breadcrumb navigation, that all display and load
quickly across most all modern browsers and devices without any distractions,
side-offers or annoyances such as pop-ups, redirects, or overlays, and may take
into account appropriate semantics/rich-snippets, accessibility details such as
font-size, image-tags, color, contrast, style, forms and focus, and people with

related disabilities, that displays the same details across all targeted locales.

posting a specific landing-page url link, here within the public

forum, may allow others to offer more specific suggestions.

Landing page experience

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Celebird,

That adds a fair amount of clarity.

Most of that has been looked into but we'll review and see if we can add more content focused around the topic.

Most of our ads circulate around the topic of 'commercial office fitouts' which is the service we provide. All ads and keywords are some combination of 'commercial office fitout melbourne' and our ads all contain either 'commercial fit out' or 'office fitout' with the offer of a free quote or consultation.

The Landing page mirrors both the keywords 'commercial office fitout' with the background of an office fitout we completed. As well as the same offer for a 'Free quote'.

The first paragraph discusses the topic and again makes strong use of the keywords we feature in our ads / bid on.

All the content is neatly laid out and easy to navigate, with clear CTA's, various methods of contact and no pop-up ads of any kind.

http://www.zirconinterior.com.au/lp4/design.html

Feel free to have a look & thanks for the comprehensive overview.

Best Regards

Landing page experience

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

The landing page is fine. I think the low QS is more about CTR and keywords match types than the design of your LP. Work on improving CTR (the common techniques: match types, negative keyword, ad -copy., extensions......)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Landing page experience

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks MosheTLV,

I'll pay attention to the specific keywords and maybe divide the low quality scoring keywords into a separate adgroup with ad text designed specifically around those keywords.

:-)

Landing page experience

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Jonothan W;

>>"I'll pay attention to the specific keywords and maybe divide the low quality scoring keywords into a separate adgroup with ad text designed specifically around those keywords.

I Agree. Good strategy, and don't forget negative keywords, and bidibg higher on exact match type.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Landing page experience

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Guys,

I'd like to say thanks for all of the advice I received.

Negative keywords have been added. Poorer performing keywords have been paused are are in the process of being moved to a new adgroup with text & CTA's based around the keywords.

The keywords which I kept live are reaching higher scores (5-7 range).

Best Regards