AdWords
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Landing Page for adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Im really keen to know this.

Trying to promote a weight loss product which contains products that may need pharmaceutical certificate and there are claims after claims for magical weightloss.

Lets suppose the main domain of the business is xyz.com, since we know that the ads for this page is going to be disapproved and the account is going to be blocked for misleading content as soon as they start advertising, they are trying to create a landing page say xyz.com.au which has no claims and no misleading contents but refers to the original site xyz.com with a no follow tag on the link, and trying to promote the xyz.com.au page instead.

Would like to know if this is possible, or will it be violating any other policy?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Landing Page for adwords

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

It would likely be deemed a doorway page and lead to serious account suspension. AdWords is quite serious about the products you are involved with. Best to rework the main website to fully comply.

Kind Regards,

James

Landing Page for adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi James,

Thanks for your quick response. 

I would also like to know, if we want to promote the product what would be the best work around for it? And does all the pages on the website need to comply or just the landing page of page to be advertised?

Also, can i use words like "manage excess weight" with disclaimers, terms and conditions, return policy and other requirement.

Would really like to know how exactly can we market weight loss support products on AdWords.

Cheers,

Anuj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Anuj P
June

Landing Page for adwords

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Every page in your site that indexed by Google needs to comply. Even blog posts and pages you no longer link to, so check what is indexed with the site:xyz.com command in Google.

You can promote weight loss products, but there are lots of things to be aware of

All testimonials and before/after pics need a disclaimer. The asterisk needs to be right there, and the disclaimer can be at the bottom of the page as long as the text size is normal.

There are lots of products/substances that can't be mentioned anywhere in your site, and there are several lists in the help files.

Don't mention the word guarantee or "money back"

Don't mention time frames or amounts of pounds/kilos, anywhere, in any context.

Don't say proven unless you are linking to seriously scholarly proof.

Landing Page for adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Rob,

What about ad-bots exclusion on specific pages? will this help in any way? or say even google bots exclusions.

Landing Page for adwords

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

My understanding is that they use the main Google index. So you would have to exclude the main Google bot. I could be wrong...

Regardless, there is still the potential for a human Googler to manually look through your site. 

There is a massive difference between what gets sales on your site, and what Google deems acceptable. But if you need AdWords, you should make the whole site compliant.

Landing Page for adwords

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

They are correct.  The official AdWords policy term is a "Bridge Page" violation.  When the sole or main purpose of a site is to redirect to another site, it is a bridge page violation.  Many affiliate marketers suffer from this violation.  In addition, there is no "work around" that will have any sustainability so you might as well do it correctly to begin with and don't promote in an Untrustworthy way or violate Misrepresentation, or Misleading Content.  In addition, unless necessary for check out, I wouldn't bridge back to another website as a primary strategy.  Although there are situations were it is allowed, in general it is a best practice to house the entire experience on one website.  As with anything, there are exceptions, but I often get asked about work arounds but I have my clients to do it properly rather than trying to "cheat" the policy.