AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Keywords dissaproval: [Destination URL] Invalid HTTP Response Code

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I removed the destination URL of the keywords and now they keywords shows a "Disapproved Keyword" message. When I click on the balloon, I can read the message: [Destination URL] Invalid HTTP Response Code.

I have checked the Destination URL from the ads. There are correct (it contains the www., I copied and pasted in the browser, even I clicked in the ad to check it). I have also checked the responses from the server (http code=200). They are also correct.

Any chance that google is reading and "empty url" in the keyword as a "valid destination URL"?

Any idea is very welcome. I have been studying this for 3 days and I see nothing rare.

Thanks a lot in advance,

David

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author David T
September 2015

Re: Keywords dissaproval: [Destination URL] Invalid HTTP Response Code

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

If there's no landing page URL at the keyword level, AdWords considers ad level URL. If the ad URL isn't working (which isn't the case though) it leads to ad disapproval and not keyword disapproval. I'd suggest calling up Google, to get the keywords reviewed again.Contact info here.

Hope that helps,

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi David,

Could you add the 'Dest URL' column from customize columns and see if you've used a keywords destination URL?

Sumanth
Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Sumant,

I did add the Dest URL column to the keywords before writing the message (it is called 'landing page' in my adwords page). I did use keywords destination URL. Then decided to remove them (put Dest Url in blank and click on save).

Any hint?

David
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author David T
September 2015

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

If there's no landing page URL at the keyword level, AdWords considers ad level URL. If the ad URL isn't working (which isn't the case though) it leads to ad disapproval and not keyword disapproval. I'd suggest calling up Google, to get the keywords reviewed again.Contact info here.

Hope that helps,

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Sumanth!

I called and "fixed" the problem. There was no issue. They could not tell me why that happened. The solution was to introduce a change in the keyword (put a ., save, then remove the dot save again, so it is like the initial one). The change triggers an event that allows the system to re-evaluate the keyword.

In order to do batch changes, it is a good idea to select all the keywords of the same "match type", do a general change (ex broad to exact match) and re-do backward (exact to broad). It takes lots of clicks, but works faster.

Thank a lot for the phone contact, Sumanth!