AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Keyword requires review before it can run

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi

I tried copying and pasting a long running campaign and when pasting I received errors stating some keywords require review before they can run (these same keywords  are running in the original campaign)

So I tried manually adding these keywords and received the same error with no option of 'Request review' or 'Request exception'

The site is an approved software download site and the keywords are broad phrases like 'download for windows'

Any idea why this happens suddenly and how I can get the keywords approved ?

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Keyword requires review before it can run

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Alda R

Certain keywords may need manual review according to specific AdWords policies. You do not need to do anything for requesting review. As you add such keywords, they go for review automatically. If everything is found to be fine, they should be approved, if not, you can check the status column.

Thanks
Ratan Jha
Join me on Google+   |   Twitter

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC.
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Re: Keyword requires review before it can run

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
The error appears without the keyword being added