AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.9K members online now
3.9K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Just reactived my account... but it's under review?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I just reactivated my Google AdWords account that has been dormant for a few years now.

When I logged back in for the first time, I got an alert saying that my account had been cancelled because my billing details could not be verified. So I entered my new credit card information (as the old card had expired) and I get an e-mail saying that my account has been reactivated. So far so good.

Now I'm seeing that my account is under review for up to 3 business days. Is this normal procedure for a reactivated account?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Just reactived my account... but it's under review?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Yes, this is normal procedure. It normally doesn't take 3 days though, that's just the higher end.

I'd guess your account will be active by Monday, if not sooner.

Unfortunately, you'll just have to wait.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Yes, this is normal procedure. It normally doesn't take 3 days though, that's just the higher end.

I'd guess your account will be active by Monday, if not sooner.

Unfortunately, you'll just have to wait.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Dave, appreciate you taking the time to reply!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
HI dave, please how do I reactivate my account?

Account still not activated... but card is noted as "valid" by google

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I'm not sure what the problem is. After a few years of not using my account, I created a new campaign, updated the credit card info and the account is still not activated. It states:

This account has been canceled.

When I click the page, it goes to the credit card info and looks like it's missing. However the updated mailing info is okay.

When I go to Billing Preferences all the credit card info is actually there okay as well as update mailing info. When I edit (it goes blank). If I go into Billing Summary the credit card info is there, and it states "valid", yet the campaign page still states it's not activated.

What do I need to do?