AdWords
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Its OK to open a new account to use a coupon code?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello, I just got a mail from my hosting provider with 3 codes which if I spend $50 will give me an extra $150. I really want to test new things but the catch is that the codes are only good for new accounts.

it is OK to create new accounts to use these codes? Will that be in violation of anything? I don't want to get my other accounts suspended!

thanks for any help!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Its OK to open a new account to use a coupon code?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

i dont know enough about adwords but based on what i do know i think the answer is they will suspend your accounts if you open multiple, especially if your current account is suspended. in fact they may suspend you for sneezing Smiley Happy just kidding about the sneezing. I hope someone more qualified answers. I wish you all the best. Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Yakito,

You can have multiple accounts in your MCC but you can not have two different accounts for the same domain.

If you've been offered coupons you can use it as per its policy. For more details go through Using Promotional Code (Coupons)

I hope it helps.

Thanks!

Anand Vishwakarma

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

i dont know enough about adwords but based on what i do know i think the answer is they will suspend your accounts if you open multiple, especially if your current account is suspended. in fact they may suspend you for sneezing Smiley Happy just kidding about the sneezing. I hope someone more qualified answers. I wish you all the best. Smiley Happy

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Thanks! but who said my current accounts are suspended. They are up and running for more than 4 years now without a problem. Thats why I always prefer to ask before doing anything.

I know I must take care of double serving and all the other policies, but I am not sure if openning more than one account under my MCC will be wrong or not.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Yakito,

You can have multiple accounts in your MCC but you can not have two different accounts for the same domain.

If you've been offered coupons you can use it as per its policy. For more details go through Using Promotional Code (Coupons)

I hope it helps.

Thanks!

Anand Vishwakarma

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

If you are having 3 promo codes then create 3 different accounts to use them. But promote one domain only once from one account, or else your accounts will be suspended for violating double serving policy. Going future if you get any other domain that you can promote usiong other accounts, where already you have redeemed the coupon.

Remember - Google follows one business - one account policy, violating this policy will cause suspension of accounts at scale.

Regards

Foyzul

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Thanks a lot for your help! I make sure to promote 1 domain per account