AdWords
6.4K members online now
6.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Isn't this Bad Searcher's experience??

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

As per the Auction insights report, our major competitors include search engines like ask.com, webcrawler.com, alhea.com. Another new such site I am seeing these days is wow.com 

These are just search engines which are re-showing Google ads with descriptions such as:

1. Search for Ncert Sample Papers. Look Up Fast Results now!
  2. Cbse Ncert Books Online On Alhea.com. Great Results For You on Alhea.com! 

Question - Isn't  this bad experience for the searcher as it takes more time of the user searching on Google to reach a  website actually providing a solution to their query. It also makes paid results monotonous as these sites are almost bidding on everything. 

If a few more search engines start advertising in a similar way, how will the direct service providers from any category compete? Industry's CPC's and Ad rank are decided by their conv. rates and Avg. basket values. Doesn't this change everything?

Thanks,

Vikram

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Isn't this Bad Searcher's experience??

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Vikram,

I am afraid there's no screenshot I can see with your post here. Apart from that, Auction Insights Report is giving you a direction that where other advertisers are standing in front of you. It no where says that they are using the same keywords or bids like you are using.

Honestly the picture would be more clear if you can share the screenshot so that Community can shed more light on what you are talking about here.

As far as I know, you should optimize your campaigns for better ROI keeping in mind how much budget you have and how well you have structured your account in terms of keywords, their match types, your ad copies etc...

Pankaj

Re: Isn't this Bad Searcher's experience??

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your post Pankaj. Keeping optimization separate from this, my intent here is get more opinions on the queries i mentioned regarding bad searcher's experience.