AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Is this information harvesting?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
We are an insurance agency in Florida and we would like to create a landing page and start advertising it using adwords and ad displays. Our "call to action" is for people to request a quote from us. We would be requesting their address, email and phone number so that we could email or call them with the quote.

Is this allowed under "Information Harvesting" policy?
2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Is this information harvesting?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello
As long as the primary goal of the landing page is to provide relevant and added value content to the user - and the personal info collected is NOT the main focus of the landing page - this is in line with the Policy;
Read more:
https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/190438?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have read the policy a couple times. I feel like a lot is left to interpretation. Our goal is to attract potential customers and get them to request a quote. We will be the end user of the information and it will not be resold or redistributed.

I specifically know of insurance quote websites that are using adwords where there sole purpose to get people to request a quote and resell their information. They are not a small company, they probably control 80% of the "insurance" keyword traffic. A lot of the landing pages they use have nothing but a call to action where the end user has to enter personal information.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Evan,

If you're seeking leads you're fine...think about an e-commerce transaction, far more personal information is collected in that case but still perfectly acceptable under policy.

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I don't know - as far as I can tell, the information harvesting rules are ridiculously vague and randomly enforced. They seem especially harsh to those in the insurance industry because of all of the lead brokers.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
That is what I am afraid of. The difference between them and us is that we are the end user. We are not reselling the information. There are tons of landing pages that are using google adds to specifically get a name, phone number and email address.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Does anybody know if I can get clarification from somebody at google on the policy before I submit the ad?