AdWords
13.3K members online now
13.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Is this double serving?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi All,

Here is a problem I am facing. I run a campaign for one of my client he is into real estate. I have very specific keywords and specific target area. On the other day I saw a domain which also belongs to my client. the domain is almost same, the keywords are same, and the audience as well. I was totally unaware of this, that they have hired one more agency to run the campaign. Some times both ads (mine and the other agency) are just above and below.

So my question is, is this violation of double serving? if yes, what option do I have?

P.S- from the past few days my conversation rate has gone down significantly. I guess they are not showing my ads all the time, because a same doamin is serving the ads.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Is this double serving?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Running two different AdWords campaigns with ads for the same domain in the way you describe is, yes, a violation of the double-serving policy.

Correction - I misread your orignal post to say that the other ad campaign was serving the same domain name, not a similar one.

However, I believe that this page on Double serving (in the AdWords Help Center) still says this is a violation. The key would be whether or not the same "inventory" is being sold by both of these accounts. 

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*