AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.4K members online now
1.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Is this classed as double serving?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Everyone,

I think this company is double serving adverts but i'm not 100% sure  - I wondered if anyone could take a look for me?

Both websites are run by the same company - and one of the websites sells exactly the same product as the other - but it also sells a slightly different product.

I think this would be classed as double serving but would really appreciate a second opinion?

Here are the two websites double seving in Google:

provident.jpg

And here you can see one of the two websites actually sells the same product as the other one. The second website is just a trading name of the first one so they are essentailly the same...

provident2.jpg

Heres is the second website - it sells the same product and is just a trading style of the first website.

provident3.jpg

Should Google be stopping this or is this not classed as double serving?

Many thanks

Lily B

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Is this classed as double serving?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
If it is the same company (same business entity) and the same product - it is a violation;
Report here;
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/176378?hl=en
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Lily B,

Welcome to the AdWords CommunitySmiley Happy

It seems from first landing page--It is type of Affiliates. And the second landing page is the official sites of "Satsuma Loans".

But i think @MosheTLV  is the right person to give the answers on thisSmiley Happy

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Moshe, thanks for having a look - really appreciate it.

They are both the same company - there is no doubt about that, the satsuma one is just is a trading name of the other one.

Is there any way you can point Google to this post as that violation report form doesn't give me any room for explanation once I post in a copy of the adwords advert urls (these are 500 characters each and the form is only 1000 long) and it also doesn't allow me to post the the images which show the issue?

Thanks again

Lily B

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Rakesh.

Thanks for looking, and I really appreciate your input.

I know what you mean - when you first look you do think it could be an affiliate site which may have been ok - but its not as the website Providentpersonalcredit actually own and operate Satsuma Loans.

So its not an affiliate relationship - both are the same business entity as MosheTLV mentioned and both offer the same product so I believe this will be a double serving situation that Google will want to stop.

Lily B

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Google has set a process to review "double serving" through the link I provided.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’