AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Is this a AdWords policy violation or not?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Good Day Everyone,

I was searching something related to tax id on Google USA and then I found some websites promoting their ads offering Tax id(EIN). These Websites are charging clients for getting their tax id (EIN) where as tax id (EIN) is provided free of cost by IRS in USA. US residents can get their tax id totally free of cost by visiting IRS website. 

My Question is whether Google adwords allow to promote service which are provided totally free by government,

Please check attached screen shots.

Thanks,

Abby

image.pngimage (1).png

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Is this a AdWords policy violation or not?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I think there is no one who is willing to answer my Query .

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Anuj,

Reason is that the answer depends on a number of factors associated with the website that should be thoroughly researched to give you an answer. Theoretically, if the service provider's charge is based on some value added (e.g. quicker responses), the ad may be legitimate. It's also a requirement for him to display proper disclaimers and make it clear to the user that this service is otherwise available free of charge at a specific gov't website and why he thinks that his service carries an added value to those who pay for it.

Best,
Lakatos

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner
It's also "free" for you to manage your own AdWords account. That does not mean that experienced advertisers and account managers do not provide value for their services. Or, that attempting to manage your own account is the best use of your time. Smiley Happy

The callout extensions in these particular ads really do seem to make the case as to why you may consider paying someone to help you do something you could do for free on your own. Also, judging by the sitelinks, there are additional services these companies provide which may go hand in hand with the EIN. If this is just one step in establishing an LLC/corporation, and you are going to need/want to hire someone to do all the other stuff that goes along with it, then might as well handle everything under one roof. That way you know who to blame if something goes wrong. Smiley Happy
Tom