AdWords
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Is there really no way to correct my suspended account?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I started a site several years ago and was very naïve about online marketing and website development.  I was very stupid and used an affiliate domain as a landing page. 

Okay, so now, several years later, I am constructing a new site and will be offering some very good information to my visitors.  Google says that I have to fix the affiliate domain to get my account in good standing.

What????  I owned xyz.  Got suspended for xyz.  And you want me to fix yyy?

Why can't I just once again buy the domain I used to own back then and make sure the landing page is legitimate?  Why do I have to ask the owner of an affiliate product to change his product?  Like that's going to happen!!

I advertised his site, so I have to fix his site?  That is what I was just told.  Can anyone help?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Laura C
September 2015

Re: Is there really no way to correct my suspended account?

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Your account has been re-instated. However, please remember that if you accrue any further site violations you might get suspended again.
I would request that you go through the Site Policy Starter Guide as you go about building your AdWords campaign. Thanks.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Laura C
September 2015

Re: Is there really no way to correct my suspended account?

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Your account has been re-instated. However, please remember that if you accrue any further site violations you might get suspended again.
I would request that you go through the Site Policy Starter Guide as you go about building your AdWords campaign. Thanks.