AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Is there really no way to correct my suspended account?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I started a site several years ago and was very naïve about online marketing and website development.  I was very stupid and used an affiliate domain as a landing page. 

Okay, so now, several years later, I am constructing a new site and will be offering some very good information to my visitors.  Google says that I have to fix the affiliate domain to get my account in good standing.

What????  I owned xyz.  Got suspended for xyz.  And you want me to fix yyy?

Why can't I just once again buy the domain I used to own back then and make sure the landing page is legitimate?  Why do I have to ask the owner of an affiliate product to change his product?  Like that's going to happen!!

I advertised his site, so I have to fix his site?  That is what I was just told.  Can anyone help?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Laura C
September 2015

Re: Is there really no way to correct my suspended account?

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Your account has been re-instated. However, please remember that if you accrue any further site violations you might get suspended again.
I would request that you go through the Site Policy Starter Guide as you go about building your AdWords campaign. Thanks.