AdWords
6.1K members online now
6.1K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Is there a way I can get this suspension lifted please?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Here is a chat I just had with an Adwords support person, and I just want to be sure I got accurate information.  This just doesn't make logical sense to me.

chatsupport
You are now connected to Colleen S.. Please type your message and hit 'Enter' to send.

Colleen S.
Hi, Thanks for Chatting into Google AdWords support. How are you today?

me
Hello, fine thank you. How are you?

Colleen S.
Great! Thanks for asking.
Okay, can you give me just a few moments to look into your account. I will be right with you.
Okay, it is suspended for tacfitcommando.com.
It looks like it is for Violating our User Safety Policy.
This site would still have to be corrected to advertise again.

me
Ok, yes, that's the site. I remember now. It seemed like a good product and I didn't know that you had suspended it. Was there some way for me to know? I don't want to advertise that site anyway. Just my own site.

Colleen S.
You would still be responsible for reviewing the policies, any site you advertise you are taking responsibility for. So, the only way to unsuspend the account is to make the changes to the site.

me
That's not my site. I don't want to advertise it.

Colleen S.
It does not matter if you plan to advertise it again, you did before, and so you would be required to make it compliant with policies before you can run again.

me
How can I make a site I don't own compliant?

Colleen S.
You would have to contact the site owner and request they make changes if you cannot. However, this is the only option to have your account suspension reconsidered.

me
Just to be clear. In order to get my account suspension lifted I need to contact the site owner of a web site I don't want to advertise, that I don't own, and don't know if I can reach the owner, or that he will even do what I request?

Colleen S.
That is the only option I can recommend. You are responsible for any site you advertise so, if a site you advertised violates policy you will have to correct it to be unsuspended.

me
Can I correct it by just deleting the ad and not advertising it anymore?

Colleen S.
No.

me
Can you please tell me what I should say to the owner that he needs to correct?

Colleen S.
You would have to ask him to make it compliant with the User Safety Policy.
The policy is available here: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1050602?rd=1#

me
Is there a list of websites you keep that I can review so I don't accidentally advertise something I shouldn't in the future?

Colleen S.
No there is not, you would want to review the policies prior to advertising them.

me
How do I know if you consider a certain exercise unsafe, like in this case?

Colleen S.
You can review our Policies at any time. They are all linked on the left side of the page I sent you.
Here it is again: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1050602?rd=1#
Did you have any other questions today?

me
Is there another person I can speak to, like a supervisor please?

Colleen S.
No there is not.

me
I just find it hard to believe that you expect me to ask this guy to do something like reduce the number of pushups he recommends in his video so that I can get my Adwords account unsuspended. That doesn't seem just a little odd?

Colleen S.
It is up to you if you would like to contact him. However, unless the site is corrected, the account cannot be unsuspended.

me
Thank you for your time Colleen.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Is there a way I can get this suspension lifted please?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello; welcome;

Interesting chat; however the Rep clearly explained the issue and is completely correct!

It's a firm Policy by Google that once a site was linked to an account, and found in violation with the Policy, it first should be fixed, prior to un-suspending the account. "Letting the site go" /releasing it, does not solve the issue. Once a site is linked to an account, you, as account owner, has some responsibility over the content. If the content violates the Policy, it has to be, first, fixed, (as the Rep pointed out).

We have had many cases like this. This is a Google's STRONG and FIRM Policy. Our colleague TC, Adam (aka purefuzz), recently, told that he had a client that re-bought a domain, the client did not have a control over (anymore), just to fix it.

Sorry I can't be more helpful. The only avenue, is to get control over the site and fix it.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

OK, thank you for taking the time to reply.  I guess I've pretty much lost the ability to advertise through Google.  Crazy.

Thanks,

Mark

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Yeah dude you have lost your account... Sorry to rub it in, but the only thing you can do is appeal and explain to em that's its your first time you ever advertised on Google AdWords, and it wasn't on purpose you broke Google guidelines as you where promoting a 3rd party website you naturally assumed the website would be safe to work with ?? i would personally appeal as you ain't got anything to lose but you got tons to gain Smiley Happy Good luck

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey TH3ORY,

It's not the first time I've ever advertised on Google Adwords.  I know and always follow the guidelines.

I look at a product like tacfitcommando.com and think that it's great and is a good system, but someone at Google feels that it's not safe.  And there is no guideleine for that.  How many push-ups is unsafe?  Or was it the number of sit-ups they don't like?  I don't know.

Either way, a support person via chat and someone here says I need to convice this guy to change his product so I can get my account back.  It's stuff like this that make me realize society is loosing its collective mind.

I don't think there is anyone who will listen to my appeal.  Thanks though.