AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Is there a way I can find a way over trademark infrigement issue?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Please let me know if I have a recourse here, its a pathetic situation to be in really

This is in regard to a trademark infringement by http://www.theinstaserv.com/ of a protected term and Design by the name ‘Pagetraffic’, using the term ‘Pagetraffic Alternative’ to pull traffic. Following are the Trademark Details:

TRADEMARK DETAILSimage showing trademark violation.jpg

1. Pagetraffic United States Word Yes 3844111

2. Pagetraffic India Word & Design Yes 2592989

The violator in question has been blatantly abusing the protected term in Google AdWords Text Ads for the last two months. I reported the issue to Google AdWords but no help forthcoming as yet. Despite several email exchanges with Google, we have not received any response/message in this regard. This is causing revenue loss from Advertising in Google. The petty excuse Google cites in its revert is that ‘pagetraffic’ is a general English word which anyone is entitled to use in ad copies. This is baffling really as there is no such term as ‘pagetraffic’ in any English dictionary, however. The use is clearly intentional. This is a live example of Google trying to use its clout when it comes to search marketing. Surely, there has to be a way out of this, else the days of online anarchy are nigh.

The Ad copy of one of the Ads in PPC Ad reads ‘Pagetraffic Alternative’ (see screenshot at the left) which is clearly misleading and amounts to coercion applied to extract monetary mileage at the expense of our market share. I really want to put an end to this imbroglio at the earliest. Any suggestion to settle the issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
September 2015

Re: Is there a way I can find a way over trademark infrigement issue?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi;
I think your question was answered by Google here.
https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Ad-Approval-Policy/gross-violation-of-a-trademark-protected-...
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks Moshe for responding, appreciate it. I posted incomplete message last week so had to correct myself and post the full message today. The problem is we have reported the matter to google and have had several email exchanges. The complaint number is [6-6042000002574] dated Feb 1 2014'...now I am without a recourse at hands, hence would need your divine intervention of sorts to bounce out of this fiasco

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I am sorry, but we can't help with this SPECIFIC violation, since this is too specific, and beyond our capbablitieties. (An investigation has to be conducted to verify that this is a registered trade-name, and the owner of the trade-name is not the advertiser of the ad... Etc...)
This has to be processed through Google compliant channels

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Alrighgt Moshe, thanks again, I am willing to proceed with Google compliant channels, could you be kind to just let me know where do I get more information about the comliant channel so that I can take it up with them. Not a good feeling troubling you all up with a specific issue but I get the inkling trademark violation in not so specific afterall, has happened before and will continue, just that smaller brands are not taken seriously while bigger brand violations are frowned upon and taken with a pinch of salt, thats all I can say under the circumstances

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
@Ritu;
Here you are;
https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/2562124