AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Is their any restrictions in promoting Renowned Affiliate Programs Indirectly via ADwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Currently we are running bunch of sites where we do online hotel bookings and ofcourse rankings are still poor so we need to run adwords to see if we could get good ROI. On hotel booking we run reputated affiliate program through which people make hotel bookings. I also wanna know if there is any reason that google doesnt like  to be promoted indirectly because if someone click on our ads in google then it will land up on our sites only and if some one search through hotels in our sites after mentioning the cehck and check out dates only then it will go to our destination url which is affiliated site ofcourse. Now i need your help/suggestion how should we start it (see the basic adwords campaign i can always run but ofcourse they don perform well at all)

Any help Regarding this is highly appreciated.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Ita (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Affiliates and AdWords

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello danielellensohn;

In general, there is nothing wrong with teaming up with affiliates, as long as the ad leads the user to a web page with a valuable / useful content, rather than to a web page that serves as a "bridge" to an affiliate page.

Google identified a number of affiliate programs, that over time had not shown / demonstrated landing pages with good quality content. You cannot advertise those affiliate programs using AdWords.

Read more:

What should I know as an affiliate advertiser?

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Sir,

I have mailed you my site to review to know if our site voilates any adword policies becaouse we use a hotel booking affiliate program in our site and why our quality score is just 2 by adwords though our landing page is pretty relevant and strong according to us.

Thanks in adavnce.

Daniel

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again danielellensohn;

Please keep all discussions on the community, so everyone can benefit and comment..

As for your question: I have no knowledge if a specific affiliate program was disapproved / banned by Google.

Usually, if you were to use an affiliate program that violates the policy, your account would be suspended. If you have a QS of 2 - I think the reason should be looked somewhere else (KWs, landing page etc...)

Please also note that competition in the hotel industry is high.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’