AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Is mail order brides allowed?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Just wondering if anyone knows whether or not advertising a site for Russian Mail Order Brides is allowed on Google Adwords. Thinking about starting up a website for this type of revenue stream.

Thanks!

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
September 2015

Re: Is mail order brides allowed?

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

It depends on your target territory.

Link to policies

ctrl+f and find "brides" and you will find the policies regarding internation bride services.

Hope this helps.

Ryan.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi drock and welcome to the forum.  It looks like it depends upon where you are.  Mail Order Brides advertising is specifically prohibited in some countries but appears (rather surprisingly) to be OK in others, including the UK and US.

You should read the policy details here very carefully before building your site/starting AdWords.

http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=176004

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks Jon,

I'm still a bit skeptical because I just did a ton of research on these types of services and there has been millions of dollars stolen from peoples accounts who have used these types of services.

Wouldn't that be considered against user safety policy?

I definately want to make sure I'm within compliance before starting this journey.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Well, I must admit I'm more than a little surprised the policy permits this sort of Campaign but it was more from a point of view of explotation of the brides than danger to the Ad clickers, if you see what I mean.

It's good to check though.  Let's do two things.  a)  tell me where you are (which country) and I'll escalate this message up the usual channels.  b) you could contact support (button top right of this screen) and ask them as well.

Just in case you're thinking of doing so, I wouldn't rely upon the results of a search on Google that shows a ton of Russian bride Ads.  All that means is that there are advertisers advertising, it doesn't prove that they're doing so within the policies.  You're right to check.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
I've sent support an email about this topic. My business partner and I are a bit more skeptical at the moment after reviewing some of the sites that are currently advertising. There has been a lot of bad reviews on all the sites that we've viewed, a lot of cases where Nigerians are stealing money from the members who join.

The site would not just be for female brides it would be for men and women.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

I am joining late into this discussion;

As said by Jon and RyanHoldaway promoting the service is legitimate where allowed by the Policy;

However, if an advertiser abuses the system / violating AdWords TOS; or conducting illegal action - you can complain and the advertiser will be banned

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
What about the keyword "Bride" or the M as in carriage replace the letter c with the letter M word? International dating website using the terms above (not bride matchmaking website) use in all countries?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Can you use the terms bride as a keyword for the content network even though your ad or landing page or website does not provide such services? Say for instance a dating website.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

sorry using that old thread but recently Google has updated just that policy regarding mail-order bride sites and now it is not allowed to advertise for such services.

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/7397686?hl=en

But nothing really happened, when I search for "russian women" or "women ukraine" there are still a lot of advertisements for mail-order bride sites. The new rule was supposed to take effect from September. Someone knows if Google is just not aware that these companies still running ads for this or is there a transition period where these ads are still allowed?