AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Is it possible to create an ad without having a website?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I know that Adwords Express allows it but Express isn't available in my country yet. So, i was wondering what are the options? Is it possible to put a google+ page as destination URL? And a Facebook page Smiley Embarassed?

(Please, do not answer me that the better way is to get a website first, i already know!)

Thank you.

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Joaquim P
September 2015

Re: Is it possible to create an ad without having a website?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Joaquim!

Yes, it is possible to put a URL of your social pages into the destination URL in the ad message. However you will not be able to track conversions because Facebook or Google+ won't let you touch their code.

When typing the previous sentence, I think of putting the conversion tracking code into the iframe tab in the Facebook fan page. But I have no ideas if their are any success stories yet.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by pankaj1782 (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
In addition to what above has been said.. you can also target Local Business Page. And if you wish to create a FREE website Google provides a facility to create a website and edit contents in a very easy way.

www.google.com/sites is a free online application that makes creating a website as easy as editing a document. You can customize the site to your liking, and even upload images that relate to your business or service. You can then use the URL of the website in your AdWords ads, so that potential customers are taken to that site when they click on your ad.

I hope this helps you!
Anand Vishwakarma

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Joaquim P
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Joaquim!

Yes, it is possible to put a URL of your social pages into the destination URL in the ad message. However you will not be able to track conversions because Facebook or Google+ won't let you touch their code.

When typing the previous sentence, I think of putting the conversion tracking code into the iframe tab in the Facebook fan page. But I have no ideas if their are any success stories yet.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hello Joaquim P,

Aaron is right we can use Facebook as well as Google+ page in destination URL.
But remember Google only allow one Ads per domain. so it is the chances that your campaigns will receive limited impression.

So in this scenario you can also target your in display network.
Cheers!
--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by pankaj1782 (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
In addition to what above has been said.. you can also target Local Business Page. And if you wish to create a FREE website Google provides a facility to create a website and edit contents in a very easy way.

www.google.com/sites is a free online application that makes creating a website as easy as editing a document. You can customize the site to your liking, and even upload images that relate to your business or service. You can then use the URL of the website in your AdWords ads, so that potential customers are taken to that site when they click on your ad.

I hope this helps you!
Anand Vishwakarma

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you very much Aaron!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Rakesh for those important details. I'll keep it in mind.
Best regards,
Joaquim.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you Anand for your suggestion about Local business page.
I know about google sites. But the idea is no website (i know, it's absurd!). So, as Adwords doesn't allow ads without target, i was wondering about other options. BTW, the main purpose is to launch a campaign for mobile, with extensions so users can directly make a call...
Best regards,
Joaquim.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
hey Guys but how we can put our conversion code into the Facebook fan page or Google my business page. is it possible.

and if we create call only campaign is i required my website as we know that call only campaign is only for the mobile and it allow visitor to call a particular business.