AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Is it possible to be pre-exempt from an un-authorized keyword?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I work for a digital agency. Majority of our clients are in the industrial sector, one of which manufacturs various kinds of forklift trucks. A common industry term for a particular kind of forklift is "stacker", though whenever we try to order a new adwords ad containing "stacker" or "stackers", its immediately flagged for containing the word "stacker", because it also refers to a kind of drug in the US. We always file an exception request, wait for over a week, and land up having to get a live-chat google employee to manually approve the ad. This has become a big issue because if we want to use that word, we constantly have to siultaneously launch an inferior ad because Google takes so long to grant the exception... is there any way that our MCC account could be pre-exempt from getting flagged for that particular word?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Is it possible to be pre-exempt from an un-authorized keyword?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello ;

Many advertisers face similar issues where a "jargon" common in a specific industry is also a pharma related word.

Since google is very sensitive on pharma issue violations, I am not familiar with any other process - only a "manual" approval by a human reviewer.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi MosheTLV

I've since spoken to a Google employee, and you're right, there isnt another process.. but she did help me learn how to speed up the review process when requesting an exception review

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello CubicIce,

Could you please share your info on how to speed up the review process of the exception review?

Thank you

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi

I found that the best plan was to use the "live chat" feature - they will sometimes review and re-enable your ads in real-time.

Thanks
D

Darren Whittaker [Digital Administrator]
Cell: +27 74 826 6172 Tel: +27 11 705 2545
E-Mail: darrenw@cubicice.com Web: www.cubicice.co.za