AdWords
5.7K members online now
5.7K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Is it possible to advertise a Reiki site without disclaimers?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I manage a reiki website that was recently suspended due to "Misleading or unrealistic promotions".  

I was able to get unsuspended by putting disclaimers everywhere there is a "claim".  For example where it says that reiki can eliminate stress.  The end result is that the site has a ridiculous number of asterisks and disclaimers.

I would like to know if it's possible to rephrase the content so I don't need the disclaimers.  For example, if I tone it down to say something like "reiki can reduce stress".  Is that sort of language okay, or will google still require disclaimers since it's related to health?

Here is a link to the page being advertised: [link removed for privacy]

Thank you.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Brian C
September 2015

Re: Is it possible to advertise a Reiki site without disclaimers?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi there;

• It could push away pain, anxiety, and negative emotions that constantly hang over you... like parting clouds on a stormy day...
  • It may let you experience the joy of healing others, of watching for the first time their shock and astonishment at the healing power of Reiki techniques...

Claiming healing and cure potential / ability - is not allowed. (This would be a "medical service") 

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Considering the sector I think you would still need to add disclaimers. However you tone down the content there is no way to gurantee the results from something like this to the end user.

So I believe something like disclaimers always should go in this kind of content and site

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Is that just because it's in the spiritual healing niche?

I see sites in other niches make claims all the time that can't be guaranteed. Anything from "increasing web traffic" to "getting your dog to stop pooping on the rug".

I don't see the difference between claims like "reducing stress" and "boosting web traffic". Neither can be guaranteed, which leads me to believe the problem is that it's in the health niche. Is that correct?

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Ok as a user i certainly see a difference between boosting web traffic and reducing stress Smiley Happy

However before you go ahead and change anything I would suggest to drop a email to support explaining the concern and getting their feedback about whether changing the way you mentioned before will work on this situation or not.

What I expressed earlier was my personal opinion on this matter

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Ok thanks for your opinion. I was actually going to start a new reiki blog, but now I'm thinking I may just keep running into issues with adwords, so maybe I should pick a different niche.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Brian C
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi there;

• It could push away pain, anxiety, and negative emotions that constantly hang over you... like parting clouds on a stormy day...
  • It may let you experience the joy of healing others, of watching for the first time their shock and astonishment at the healing power of Reiki techniques...

Claiming healing and cure potential / ability - is not allowed. (This would be a "medical service") 

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for clarifying that.