AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Is it allowed to have 2 different brands to promote my service ?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I am providing a web design service, Is it okay (as per google adwords policy) to have a two different brands to provide web design service to my customers and promote it using google Adwords under the same account ?

To make it more clear, I am having a web design company & operating using two different brands called, "Super Web Design" and also "Top Web Designers". Is it allowed to promote this two website under same adword account for a certain City ?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author mani1978
September 2015

Re: Is it allowed to have 2 different brands to promote my service ?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, Welcome to the Community,

If the brands are not somebody else's trademark, you can use them in the Ad Text.

If you promote them using the same keywords , they will split the impression share of the Search page, you will not see 2 of your Brand ads at the same time on the same search page.

Otherwise I know of no other policy that can be breached except trademark, however advertisers should read the policies from the policy center before running their Ads : 

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thank you very much for your reply. 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
As long as it is under the same account - you are fine. But remember- only one ad per account will be shown on the search results page.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

@MosheTLV

=> Is it not allowed to have a separate adword accounts for Brand1 & Brand2 ?

In another words, 

I am having a separate adword accounts for each different brand. Is it against the Adword Policy ?

Please help me in Understanding this.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author mani1978
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Well you did write "and promote it using google Adwords under the same account ?" so I did not tell you about the double serving policy which is described here :

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/2600168?hl=en

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

This is a more complex issue: Generally; It is allowed, if those are two different distinguished brands that have price differences.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’