AdWords
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Is anyone else getting "Destination Not Working" errors when launching new ads?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We've had Google reps scan the site and find no problems, but the ads get disapproved every time they are submitted. One Google tech said it was being caused by a 403 error, but we check webmaster tools and there are no 403 errors on the site. The strangest part is, only new ads are being disapproved. We have older ads in the same ad groups with the same final URLs and they are running without problems.  

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Mel C

Yes this is happens more often than you think. It tends to either be a technical glitch or it happens that Google will check the url of the landing page and find an http response error code at that exact moment they are checking.

Simply resubmit the ads and you should be fine.

Best,

Nick

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Nick,

We've resubmitted multiple times (currently on our 12th review) and are still getting the same error.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Mel!

Have you maybe managed to get more info on this as i have the exact same problem? New add = NO, old ads keeps on running...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Peet,

We had to remove a piece of code from the robot.txt that was blocking the Google ad bot from reading the landing page. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Mel!

Thanks for your reply. Weird thing is that currently all i have in my robots file is this :

User-agent: *