AdWords
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Is CafePress allowed with Adwords?

C A
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
C A
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I'm considering opening a CafePress shop on my own domain and use Adwords to promote it (landing directly on my home page with products), but I see so much about how it's not recommended to combine Adwords and affiliate programs. Does Google consider CP an affiliate program? If so, is there a risk of having my account suspended? 

I have read the TOS about affiliate programs, but not sure if CafePress fits the description...so just wanted to be clear. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Is CafePress allowed with Adwords?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

Honestly, I am not sure about Cafepress, but if it's something like you let the visitors came to your domain and then direct the users to some another domain instantly, it might violate the Bridge Page Policy.

You can find more details about this policy here: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/190435?hl=en

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

[ Edited ]
C A
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
C A
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your reply. To be a little clearer, the way that I originally planned on making the site was similarly to a normal ecommerce site, with original product descriptions (the t-shirts would be designed by me, so they are my products that would be printed and shipped by cafe press - a "print on demand" company). The only part that worries me is that the purchase page would be on CafePress' domain. Would that qualify as a poor quality "bridge page"?

Just checking to be safe! 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello,

Did you read the policy part where it states about the sites which are allowed and which are not. See the below screenshot for details and I think this should give a clearer picture now:

2013-08-08 18_10_14-Bridge page - Advertising Policies Help.jpg

Pankaj

C A
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
C A
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks again for your help. To be honest, this sounds pretty scary, because CafePress.com also has their own shop where customers buy t-shirts with your designs, but they also have an area on their domain for processing that is dedicated to those who have their own sites to sell products on. This particular area on their domain purely acts as a "secure server" for processing, but CafePress.com as a whole isn't "purely" a processing company as they have their own t-shirt market area as well.

Is it possible to ask Google directly and get some kind of stamp of approval?