AdWords
6.2K members online now
6.2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Is Black Hat Cloaking possible for Google Adwords?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Here I found an interesting case:Cat Mad

Following advertiser is violating Google Adwords Academic Aid advertising policy from last few months the advertiser is very sharp he is using cloaking black hat technique to fool Google. I think on Googles IPs he shows other web site and on normal user ip he shows custom academic paper web site which is 100% against google policy https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/178143?hl=en. Without cloaking think Google never approved these sites.

Google Ad Link:

http://www.google.com/aclk?sa=L&ai=CyshgVzb4UZ2cK7CLyQGRm4DwCO6-t7gD3sbO7lXH05QICAAQASgDUPHL278HYMnG...

even his ad also violet the advertising policy, as he is clearly stated that “We Will Write Papers for You”

Same Advertiser Second Website:

http://www.google.com/aclk?sa=L&ai=ChS5hhzj4UYeuK_DL6QHlloGYBqvCseED246Fk2eZip8LCAAQAigCUMSGjh5gycap...

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author HarrisJoshta
September 2015

Re: Is Black Hat Cloaking possible for Google Adwords?

Top Contributor
# 17
Top Contributor
Hello again;
Good news! Google took a tough action and removed the sites. Could you verify??
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello;
How do you know that these web sites are owned he same business?
What Policy is violated? Having a dedicated website / landing page for an AdWords campaign - is NOT a violation.
Cloaking is when Google's bots see other pages than the users. Here - if I got you correctly - both the users and the bots see the same (campaign) web page - which, indeed , is different from the organic - but this is not a violation;
Please elaborate;
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The site on ad you is 100% violating Adwords Academic Aid Policy (support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/178143?hl=en)

But the question is how Google can approve this type of 100% violated sites.
After some reach I found multiple versions of same domain.

Site what we and other user see: tinypic.com/r/2eov14p/5 (Violated version)

Site what google see: tinypic.com/r/2cfzec5/5 (non Violated version)
I also see same site on google cached image but now preview feature has been removed from Adwords.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello;
As for cloaking violation: You need to show that these sites are owned by the same business.,
As for other violations, you may submit the following form;
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/176378?hl=en;

Please note; it may take some time for Google to investigate.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Moshe for your guidance i filled complaints against the advertiser and Google removed them next day, but now after a week he came back with 3 new domains. 

sites on ads are 100% violating Adwords Academic Aid Policy (https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/178143?hl=en)

you can see your own with following direct ad links

Ad 1Ad 2,  Ad 3 

He is using same cloaking technique to show non violated version to google for ad approval. and violated version to users.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hello again;
Pleas be clear in your complaint, so I can help;

As for cloaking
In order to refer the case to Google, please carefully follow my requests:

• Upload screenshot of the ads;

As for violation of Academic aids ;

Be specific! Show on the site (page and section) the type of service  offered that violates the Policy. (Upload a screenshot  to demonstrate.)

I will not be able to   help without specific references to support your claims;

Thank you!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I uploaded complete case document with screen shots at:
http://temp-share.com/show/YgFbKrZoy

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi;   

Nothing there; Smiley Surprised
And, since Google can access only this community, please upload references and documentation using the "full text editor". (Click on the link below the "post button")

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
i am unable to found any option to upload documents or images in full editor.
Please help!

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

On the full text editor there is a "tree" icon for inserting pics.