AdWords
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Irresponsible data collection & use

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Google Community,
Can someone please explain what exactly do AdWords mean by:
"Examples of user information that should be handled with care:"
How exactly should I handle this details with care?

I am requesting the visitor to input his :
First Name, Last Name, sex, email, phone number, passport information, date of birth, date of expiration of the passport for just one single purpose, making him a reservation for his flight ticket.

We are selling airline tickets so that is why we need to collect this data for better business with our customers.

How can we handle them with care? What do AdWords exactly mean by this. We are asking because access to all this details have only the admin of the website, and all this information in saved on our host account.

Thanks in advance for any help.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Irresponsible data collection & use

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi lurie C :-)
I'm going to move your question over to the Adwords community section.

Simply as a matter of interest in relation to Google Analytics and it's TOS, it is important not to send any personally identifiable information (PII) of site visitors into Google Analytics

Cheers
Whims :-)
Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Iurie C;

This information is considered as personal information, hence:

It should be collected over an SSL page.

You should have a clear privacy policy how this information is handled, stored, and kept and the purpose of using it (e.g. Will you be offering the user other promotions in the future? Do you sell this information to 3rd parties, - if so can the user opt out... etc....)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, MosheTLV,
If I understood You correctly, this data should be collected ONLY over an SSL page? And if not, it would be considered an AdWords policy violation?

So if even I mention in the websites privacy policy how this data is handled, this would not be enough for respecting AdWords policy?

Thank You for quick reply on this problem.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi, Bronwyn V,
Thank you for good directing me to the right place.
That helped, as I see Moshe turn some light on this subject.

Cheers!
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Iurie C
November 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Iurie C;

>>"If I understood You correctly, this data should be collected ONLY over an SSL page?

Correct! Personal info must be collected over a secured page.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’