AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Invalid HTTP response code

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Any reasons adwords is marking every ad with Invalid HTTP response code since this morning?

This is for a number of merchants I manage, and it seems to be happening with all of them so unlikely to be related to the websites being run.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Invalid HTTP response code

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Hussain,

I have also witnessed numerous, very strange situations like this. If I were you, I'd contact support immediately and see if they can help you investigate.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/8206?hl=en&hlrm=en

On one occasion, it was explained that one particular element on a page/site that was returning a 404 can cause this to happen.

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the feedback. It's happening across various websites to make me think it's not an issue at my end but Adwords having gremlins (fact about 1 in 4 still seem to be getting approved making it more frustrating)

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Hussain,

One of the policy folks from Google posted some tips regarding policy issues, one of which was the issue you're running into.

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Ad-Approval-Policy/Policy-Tips/m-p/446524

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks again for taking time to post.  I basically run a server using API which generates product results for many merhcants/sites that I also run PPC for.  After a lot of time with google support and some various inconsistent answers, I got someone who seemed very knowledage and said it was to do with a 403 error that my site was creating that was causing the problem (I was told this by another member of support but then had various other support solutions giving to me)

So I'm hoping this is the case and my webmaster can rectify (he'd sworn blind he's not made any changes but seemed a little more sheepish this morning)....so here's hoping!

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
I hope it works out for you.

I asked for a little clarity from the Googler who posted. Many of the issues I've run into are not on very sophisticated sites and they have been working just fine for quite a long time before all of a sudden being constantly reviewed and disapproved for every little code issue.

Mind you, these errors do not result in pages not loading or functioning, they're generally small template elements or something.

-Tommy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
It's an ambiguous error at best of times. The sites themselves loads and existing ads are running fine just new ones being disapproved.

Beyond that it gets technical so let the techies try and resolve it