AdWords
3.9K members online now
3.9K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Invalid Destination URL in Editor version in 11.1.2

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I've added some ads on editor (version 11.1.2) and for some reason it will not accept the destination URL.

Nothing has changed with the website and I've used the exact same url before with no problem. The only difference that time was that I used the ad words main site (rather than editor), so this makes us think that it is a problem with the editor programme. 

The destination url, website etc all work fine too.

Any ideas on this please? Can't post any ads at the moment!

Re: Invalid Destination URL in Editor version in 11.1.2

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
Hello Edd,

Destination URL is no longer supported and Adwords is using Final Url instead. Just remove your destination URLs in Adwords Editor and add them as Final URLs in URL option tab.

You will see no error then.

Alex

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

Thank you for your answer, it helped me a lot.
Is there any way to copy-paste all links from Dest. URL to Final URL?

I would hope when I get most recent changes the Editor would recognize all URLs as Final, but every time I modify a link in AdWords I have to copy it to the URL options tab - which is time-consuming.

Thank you,

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Nevermind - I found the solution.

Went to AdWords (browser) - All Campaigns - Ads tab, then select all, clicked Edit > Upgrade Destination URL > Make Changes. Then Get recent changes in AdWords Editor, and voilà! Smiley Happy

Cheers,

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Pol (and Google)

Thank you for posting the solution! My problem is resolved now as well :-)

Peter

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Also had this problem after upgrading to the new Adwords Editor, thanks a lot for the help!

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
@Alex : if Destination URL is no longer supported, why does googleTeam update new version? It's not confortable change tab like as old version for destination url input box.
@PolSmith: upgraded final url from destination on Desktop version or on Editor, reset like new ad text?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@MarcoR If you are asking about Ad history, this is not reset - all previous data is kept.
Cheers,