AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Insufficient original content - for a news site

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello everyone,

I set up a few ads (image and text) to promote our website - thenet.ng

Adwords has disapproved of the ads, saying "insufficient original content"

The site publishes as much as 40 original news content daily, and re-posts less than 5 from our partner sites (which are also owned by the same parent company, similar to how TimeInc owns Time, Fortune, Sports Illustrated, People, In Style and others. 

What we do, is re-post one or 2 of the best stories from one of these other sites on the bigger site - thenet.ng

Also, the content from these other sites can be accessed on dedicated pages within thenet.ng

Anyone got an idea on the changes we need to make here?

Please help.

Femi.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Insufficient original content - for a news site

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Femi,

If you look at the policy, you will see that it covers much more than actual content.

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6020954?hl=en

Any chance you're running a ton of ads on your site, you're admittedly reusing content.

There are suggestions on the policy page I linked for fixing this issue, I suggest you start there.

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’