AdWords
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Incorrect ad disapproval for Drug Paraphernalia references

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello.  I had an ad disapproved for references to drug paraphernalia, but the ad was really for criminal defense of drug charges by an attorney.  Is there any way to have this reviewed?  Thanks for your help. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Incorrect ad disapproval for Drug Paraphernalia references

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Please share your website URL
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
http://andrewberman.com/. And the ad text is as follows:

Drug Crimes Lawyer
DrugCrimeLawyer.andrewberman.com
Zealous Defense of Drug Charges
Possession-Distribution-Trafficking

Thanks for your response.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
In the policy column, on the ads tab - what is the reason mentioned for disapproval?
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
"Drugs and Drug Paraphernalia"

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Where is the reference to the drug in the ad or on your website?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
The Ad is as follows:

Drug Crimes Lawyer
DrugCrimeLawyer.andrewberman.com
Zealous Defense of Drug Charges
Possession-Distribution-Trafficking

The word "drug" appears in the first 3 lines (is this what you mean?)

The page that this points to is : http://andrewberman.com/practice-areas/criminal-defense/drug-offenses/

I'm a lawyer and the ad is for defense of criminal charges associated with drug possession, distribution and/or trafficking...

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Since the disapproval reason you quoted referred to a specific molecule ("Paraphernalia") - I don't think the issue is with the word "drug".
However, you mentioned a specific molecule: "Paraphernalia"- where this molecule's name is mentioned?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I don't think the word "paraphernalia" is on the page, although in the accordions at the bottom there is an extensive description of the applicable laws (which reference specific drugs) and includes language such as :

"A number of factors are considered to establish intent to distribute, including: the amount, purity and value of the drugs; how they were packaged; whether they were found with other items, such as scales, packaging materials, cutting powder and large amounts of cash; and whether there is evidence of a sale in progress."

Sorry if I'm not answering your question...

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Ok; I see what is the issue here;
This is a generic disapproval wording / language used by the system, for ads disapproved based on the "drug" section of the Policy,. However, as you correctly mentioned: it was irrelevant to your case.

OK - moving forward, trying to resolve:
Have you contacted customer service and explained the case?