AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Inconsistant campaign status' for the same ad ...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Because of, amongst other reasons, time differences between states I run the same ad in different campaigns. I previously ran the same ad, with the same keywords and same url links, across the whole country with an Approved (non-family) status - which is okay because we sell lingerie. Now that I've split my ads into one for each state my ads (remember they are all exactly the same) have the following status' applied to them; Approved (non-family), Approved (adult) and even a couple of Disapproved! The question is why the differing status' for exactly the same ad?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jonathan W
September 2015

Re: Inconsistant campaign status' for the same ad ...

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello, Jonathan.

My guess is that when you've created new campaigns you've triggered another review of your new ads. Most likely the automatic check of the ads is a process that changes in time and something that passed a review some time ago may not pass it today (algorithms are not perfect).

So my suggestion is to get in touch with support via e-mail (Gear icon top right, E-mail, etc.) and explain your situation. A person will then manually review your ads and mark the right approval status.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jonathan W
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello, Jonathan.

My guess is that when you've created new campaigns you've triggered another review of your new ads. Most likely the automatic check of the ads is a process that changes in time and something that passed a review some time ago may not pass it today (algorithms are not perfect).

So my suggestion is to get in touch with support via e-mail (Gear icon top right, E-mail, etc.) and explain your situation. A person will then manually review your ads and mark the right approval status.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Cheers Adwiser, I'll have a chat with them tomorrow (it's 9pm here). For the time being I'll run the old country-wide ad.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Alright, good luck then. You can shoot them an e-mail as well, who knows, maybe by morning they'll already be approved.