AdWords
6K members online now
6K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

In-search video ad disapproved...no reason given

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a video //http://youtu.be/IdFaJ6DDCSg// that I am trying to enable for in-search (and in-display) YouTube only advertising. The video is being disapproved, but no reason is being given. Any thoughts on why it is not being approved?

Headline: Subaru Calgary Test Drive

D1: Featuring the Subaru BRZ

D2: Hosted by Berdette Automotive

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: In-search video ad disapproved...no reason given

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi;
Subaru is a registered trade-name;
Have you received authorization to use the trade- name in your ads?
Read more about trademark usage by advertisers;
https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/2562645
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks, MosheTLV. I will make some edits based on that document and see what happens.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I removed the name Subaru and the ad is still being disapproved. I'll try removing BRZ, which is the name of the vehicle, but at that point there's really nothing left to advertise.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
in the ads tab, on the policy column - what does it say the reason for suspension?
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I do not have a policy column, and the option does not exist in the column drop down menu. Is it hidden somewhere else?

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Follow the instructions here:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704380?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Following those instructions ends abruptly at the "In the "Attributes section...". There is no Attributes section available, and therefore no Policy details column available. This is one of the things that is frustrating me about Google...instructions that are out of date, not applicable, or erroneous.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
It's worth pointing out that within the "All online campaigns" menu, I can select Policy details, but for "All video campaigns" the option does not exist. And the video ad campaigns do not show up in the "All online campaigns" menu.

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor
I will escalate the case to Google