AdWords
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Improtant - how to remove sensitive ad related content

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

My mother works in organization that help peoples in a certain area. This organization make a lot of efforts to keep the information about those people privately and keep them annonymous.

For unknown reason it seems that a name of a specific person has leaked out and when searching his name an ad related cubic is shown with a direct link to the organization.

For example: When searching "Eran Nahom" an ad related content will direct you in the upper part of the search result to AAA organization (I used fake name and of person and organization but the scenario is the same).

This ad is shown in many computers/browsers meaning somewhere in google servers there is a link between that person name and the organization.

This is highly sensitive information and it is very important to remove that link asap. The problem is I don't know the origin that caused google to index this information thus I don't know who or how I can remove it.

Please help!

thanks

Eran.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Proper names as Keywords or Ads text

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello esakal; welcome;

This is a nice question;

However; Google does NOT restrict / prohibits the use of proper names as keywords (that trigger an ad), or in ad text. It is a legitimate practice;

In special cases you can contact Google. See the following link

http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=176033

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear Moshe,

I don't assume that this adword was created by a crawler/robot because his/her name was never mentioned together with the organization name in the web.

What I tries to understand is whether it was human who marked this name as keyword and link it to that site? If so can I use the url parameters to fidn out who is he to try and contact him. 

I will try to contact them using the link you provided but I hope you will be able to answer my question.

Sincerley,

Eran.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello,
Another information that might be helpful, I noticed that clicking the add redirect me to the organization site with a query parameter named 'gclid'.

Does this information can lead us to the location of the keyword?

Eran.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hello again esakal;

I would like to re-iterate: The topic is not technical issues. It's a Policy matter.

Since you are not an advertiser,  I would say briefly,  that the basis of AdWords is to show the user ads based on the user's query (search term).

Thus, if a user is searching for "Phil Collins concerts" - an advertises can show an ad for selling tickets for live concerts.

The use of a name / brand name, that matches a search query (by a user) for triggering an ad, that promotes a service related to this query - is legitimate, and well within the Policy (linked in my first answer).

Google (in some cases ) will take action only if the "name" is a brand-name. However, as I read your question - this is not the case.

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’