AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Impressions for non family ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have recently uploaded an adult product website (health supplement) in India, for which we received Non-Family Safe approval for ads.

I know very well that we may not be able to get "Approval" status for this website anytime as the policy may not allow. But even with Approved (Non-Family) status we are getting very small number of impressions.

It's been 24 hours since we uploaded the campaign & only few hours since we got the approval and since then we just received 2 impressions. 

Is this normal for non family ads? Can we expect our ads to pickup impressions in the coming days? Or is it completely worthless to expect such ads to display atleast a decent number of impressions?

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Impressions for non family ads

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
This depends on the countries you are targeting. There are countries in which on family safe ads are allowed.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
As I said our ads targeting India. As per the Family Status policy India does not allow only "ADULT" ads but may allow "non family ads". See this https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/69787?hl=en

My ad is showing (only 2 impressions in many hours), so my question is that how soon I can expect them to show ads fully. Or will they be held back always?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
If soת the ads should start showing, unless they don't win the auction - which I suspect is the case.
Read more about how ads are ranked
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1752122?hl=en
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I am hoping they will start it soon, because the ads are not disapproved. They are just being cautious as it is a sensitive niche.

I dont think it is an auction thing because there are only handful of advertisers and our bids are set very high!