AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Impressions for non family ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have recently uploaded an adult product website (health supplement) in India, for which we received Non-Family Safe approval for ads.

I know very well that we may not be able to get "Approval" status for this website anytime as the policy may not allow. But even with Approved (Non-Family) status we are getting very small number of impressions.

It's been 24 hours since we uploaded the campaign & only few hours since we got the approval and since then we just received 2 impressions. 

Is this normal for non family ads? Can we expect our ads to pickup impressions in the coming days? Or is it completely worthless to expect such ads to display atleast a decent number of impressions?

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Impressions for non family ads

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
This depends on the countries you are targeting. There are countries in which on family safe ads are allowed.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
As I said our ads targeting India. As per the Family Status policy India does not allow only "ADULT" ads but may allow "non family ads". See this https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/69787?hl=en

My ad is showing (only 2 impressions in many hours), so my question is that how soon I can expect them to show ads fully. Or will they be held back always?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
If soת the ads should start showing, unless they don't win the auction - which I suspect is the case.
Read more about how ads are ranked
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1752122?hl=en
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I am hoping they will start it soon, because the ads are not disapproved. They are just being cautious as it is a sensitive niche.

I dont think it is an auction thing because there are only handful of advertisers and our bids are set very high!