AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Image ads review time VERY long past week

J M
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
J M
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I wanted to post to ask if anyone else is experiencing this or if any google insiders have any information on it. For the past week (starting late April), image ads are taking much, much longer to go through the approval process. I understand it can take up to 72 hours, but we've seen ads sitting 'Under Review' for 5-6 days across dozens and dozens of accounts. Google is usually incredibly efficient, often reviewing ads within only a few hours, so this is not only a problem with accounts going dark for an extended amount of time, but it's also worrisome that Google is over their heads. Has anyone else been experiencing this or could it a problem with just our MCC? I've tried calling support and they don't have any real information.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Image ads review time VERY long past week

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Experienced the same, in terms of proportions, with text ads as well. However, gut feeling is that just advertisers got more active which puts an extra load on a bottleneck and causes some delay. It should be temporary, I think.