AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Image Ad's Not Clicking Through

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm running a "Display Network" only campaign and uploaded 3 Flash ads with ActionScript 2.  The problem I have is the image ads won't click through to the destination URL when I click on it.  The ads are all approved, however when I click on the ad on different sites in the Google Display Network, nothing happens!  Even in the preview mode there is NO interaction on the ad. 

Does anyone know what could be the issue here?  I've already reached out to Google Support and they are still investigating.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Image Ad's Not Clicking Through

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Jeremy,

Welcome to AdWords Community!

Do the ads have any statistics? This could be a browser issue. Have you tried clearing cache-cookies or using a different browsers?

- Sumanth
Sumanth Sridhar

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi Jeremy,

Are you sure you do not have a pop up blocker installed on your browser? Sometimes the pop blocker is installed with any new application that you may have downloaded & installed recently.

This can only be a Browser issue as an ad click anywhere will direct you the landing page without fail.

Hope this helps!

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Jeremy!

Shash & Sumanth make good points. You should definitely check out if there is an issue with the browser and/or a popup blocker has been installed.

You may also want to check one more thing....Make sure that the destination url and the display url match the correct guidelines set forward by google. I'm sure its under control, but just in case.

Good luck!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Shashank, thanks for the feedback. I cleared my cache, turned off pop up blockers and tried IE, FF, Chrome and Safari - Still no luck.

UPDATE: Google reached out to me and said the ClickTAG was missing in the creative. This is hard to believe, because I checked with our developers and they assured me the ClickTAG was in the creative AND why would Google approve an image ad with a missing ClickTAG? I've paused our campaign for now until I can further diagnose the issue with Google support

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
There has also been over 1mm display impressions served without a click on the ad

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star
Hi Jeremy,

Are those banner ads or third party ads? Could you let us know if the destination URL is your website's URL or a click tag that redirects to the actual landing page? In case it is a click tag, it is most likely that it is not working as intended. Please check and update.

- Sumanth
Sumanth Sridhar