AdWords
5K members online now
5K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Image Ad - error: image size violates Google guidelines

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys

Trying to create an Image Ad and it just doesn't work.

I'm aware they want a specific image size and dimension.  I have read up on this and I have reduced the size of the image (and dimensions) until the image of the rhino looks more like a pig in mud.  It still violates the Google AdWords Editorial Guidelines.

Any advice?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Image Ad - error: image size violates Google guidelines

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Susanne,

It could be a number of things, it is not simply just reducing the image. The image has to be set to specific dimensions depending on the placement of the ad.

Furthermore, the size of the file can not be more than 150kb.

Read all about the specific ad dimensions here:
https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/176108?hl=en

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello,

The fact is that until the image you are trying to upload doesn't comply with the advertising policies in terms of format, dimensions etc..., it will not be accepted for a review.

Did you review this image ad policy for more details: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/176108?hl=en

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have tried to resize/ shape/ compress in various ways and the image even if I specifically ask for it to be 200x200 ends up being 200x150 (36.5KB). So it won't work. The image is exactly square but the pixel size seems to be rectangular, no matter what I try.
:/

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I've tried it. It doesn't work. No matter how much I attempt to manipulate the square image to be 200x200 it will come out as 200x150 (36.5KB). It still looks square but apparently its not and google adwords won't accept. Seems I'm screwed :/

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Susanne,

If your picture is of decent quality then I would suggest going through a number of picture resize tools online if you are not able to do it yourself through photo shop or a program similar.

It may take awhile to find the right tool as some will do exactly what you are talking about, and just keep the same dimensions of your current picture.

try http://www.resizr.com/ there you will be able to sepcify the dimensions of your cropping (by selecting manual in the top right hand corner once uploaded).

It is not a perfect solution, but if you are not able to resize correctly this may help.

Let me know if it works

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Susanne,

If you're still having issues with resizing and are willing to share your original image, just post a link for it and the dimensions you want it to be and I'll see if I can do it on my side and share it back for you.

Thanks Smiley Happy

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Susanne,

If you have received the violation due to Google Editorial Guidelines, then it may be a  problem with the text added within the image. For more information on Editorial Guidelines, click here

And as discussed in the previous replies, when you are re-sizing your images, aspect ratio comes into play. I would recommend you to redesign the image with exact dimensions you want to advertise for. You also have to be very keen in Content requirements for Image Ads. It must be relevant, visible and it must not have trick to click behaviors. This link is added before in this thread, but I would recommend you to focus on "Content requirements" section. 

Need more clarifications in this regard? Post your response here any time Smiley Happy

Thanks!

Shafi Ahamed