AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Illegal online drug using a honeypot website ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Like creating a online pharmacy and when user tries to buy a product, I will notify a awareness message saying thats it is a honey pot website to provide awareness. I wont collect any personal information and this is only used for research from the data collected through Google analytics.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Web M
September 2015

Re: Illegal online drug using a honeypot website ?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Web M,

I think that practice would be very likely to violate the "misreprensation of self, product, or service" policy. I think a better approach would be to try to attract the attention of users by asking a question in your ads and then creating awareness on your landing page. This way everything is clear and your mission is still being accomplished. 

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Web M
September 2015

Re: Illegal online drug using a honeypot website ?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Web M,

I think that practice would be very likely to violate the "misreprensation of self, product, or service" policy. I think a better approach would be to try to attract the attention of users by asking a question in your ads and then creating awareness on your landing page. This way everything is clear and your mission is still being accomplished. 

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.