AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Illegal locksmith advertising

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am trying to find out how to get an Illegal advertisement disabled. This is a "Mobile Only" ad and I believe it is being overlooked. In Oklahoma anyone advertising a locksmith service must be licensed according to the Oklahoma Alarm And Lock Industry Act. The advertiser displaying phone number (405) 301-8119 and display URL "www.local.yahoo.com/" is not a licensed locksmith advertiser and is an out of state call center with a local phone number.

This advertiser calls themselves "Captain Locksmith". Captain Locksmith is taking calls and dispatching unlicensed, non-background checked individuals to do locksmith jobs in Oklahoma. Captain Locksmith is stealing money from local licensed locksmiths. Captain Locksmith is breaking the law!

Alarm And Lock Industry Act

http://www.ok.gov/odol/documents/Chapter%20205%20Alarm%20And%20Locksmith%20Industry.pdf

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Illegal locksmith advertising

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Okclockout;

If this is a legal requirement within the state of Oklahoma, the advertiser must follow.

Use the following form to file a complaint, if you think that the Adwords Policy was violated (e.g. An advertiser does not follow the law).

http://support.google.com/adwords/answer/176378/?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have the same problem going on right now in arkansas. if yo have captain america and runlocal locksmith in your town like i do yahoolocal/ is also them. All 3 of these companies are reall the same company ive recently called these scammers out one at a time only to get th same foreign gy to show up each time. Report them to the oklahoma attorney generals office and have any customers who call you complaining over them to also call the attorney generals office!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When you find out how to do this I would also like to know. Thank you nicknicu@gmail.com