AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

If we submit an AdWords Complaint Form, is the restriction global?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Our parent company is requesting us to submit the AdWords Complaint Form. We understand that we can allow certain AdWordIDs useage to our trademarks after google approves the registration.

Will our submission of trademarks through google.com affect other countries' AdWords trademarks useage?

Thank You.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: If we submit an AdWords Complaint Form, is the restriction global?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Typically it will provided that your documented trademark related rights are valid in multiple countries. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks. So, I submit our trademarks to google. They filter it based on exactly where the trademark is valid. Do we need to provide the trademark validation for all applicable countries, or does google figure that out?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Negative, Google will not figure it out.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
If I submit a trademark on google.com, does the restriction apply to Canada? Is it based on whichever country's google form was used to submit the complaint.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Or does google take the visitor's country and filter trademarks based on accepted trademark submissions related to that country?