AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

If I post an ad for 4yrs then how much it will cost?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: If I post an ad for 4yrs then how much it will cost?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

It wont cost you anything unless your ads are shown in the google display network and you bid per impressions  [CPM] OR clicked on if you bid per click [Cpc], and if you are targeting Google Search you can only bid per click, so it won´t cost you anything to show your ad there unless someone click on it, no matter how long time you run it

Re: If I post an ad for 4yrs then how much it will cost?

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Actually, you don't "post an ad" for a length of time in that way--unless you're talking about putting an "end date" on your campaign?

When you pay for your ads depends on what option you selected when you set up your account (pre-pay or post-pay).

As far as when, I'd say that most smaller advertisers are probably billed once a month for the clicks on their ads in the previous 30 days. Billing is triggered for every $500 in clicks (more or less) or every 30 days, whichever comes first.

As far as how much, advertisers are billed the cost of actual clicks received--you pay by the click for PPC campaigns. You can limit how much you spend with your daily spending cap--you don't want to set it any higher than you can afford to pay for clicks. Your daily spending cap times 30 (for days in the month) equals how much your campaign(s) could spend in total a month. 

So--how much you'll spend in four years depends on how much you've been spending all along. Make sense?

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*